We share our thoughts on Valentine's Day, love, and marriage while sipping a tasty pink cocktail inspired by Kelsey's date night at The Duce.
adapted from Style Me Pretty
makes 2 cocktails
- 2 oz cherry-infused brandy (see below)
- 1 oz fresh lemon juice
- 1 oz triple sec or cointreau
- sugar for rim
- brandy-soaked cherries for garnish
- Make your own cherry-infused brandy by letting bing cherries* (removed from syrup) soak in brandy overnight. Use the cherries as garnish, and the liquids as mix!
- Fill a cocktail shaker 3/4 full with ice.
- Pour in lemon juice, triple sec/cointreau, and cherry brandy.
- Cover and shake vigorously for about 30 seconds until the outside of the shaker becomes cold and frosty.
- Serve over ice with a sugar rim.
*I used jarred dark morello cherries from Trader Joes.
We walk down memory lane to tell the stories about how we met our husbands. We're both all about intentionality and Spicy Farkel to keep a marriage healthy. We also admit the things that drive us nuts about our husbands and what we do that gets on their nerves. We also talk about how hard it is to make friends in your 30's and the awkwardness of making couple friends. Kelsey recommends the book, MWF Seeking BFF for thoughts on making friends as an adult.
Kelsey's currently obsessed with the Pear Gorgonzola salad dressing from Trader Joe's and the book Wild, by Cheryl Strayed.
Erica can't get enough Brookside Dark Chocolate Pomegranate candy.
In neighborhood news, we reenact our actual text message exchange about Erica's banner day in the neighborhood that involved someone literally airing their dirty laundry in the street and cat sex.