It's Kentucky Derby time, so we decided to mix up a classic Mint Julep. If you're a serious bourbon fan, you'd probably love it, but for us it was a bit intense. Kentucky, are we doing this right? Are we just wimps?
Mint Julep (from bon appetit magazine)
makes one drink
- Crush 4 cups of ice.
- In a pint glass or cocktail shaker, muddle 8 mint leaves and a teaspoon of brown sugar.
- Add 2 ounces of bourbon and stir.
- Pack a julep cup with ice until overflowing.
- Strain bourbon mixture into cup. Stir drink until the outside of the cup frosts.
- Top with more ice, garnish with a fresh mint spring, and serve.
We sip on those strong spring cocktails while talking about spring decorating and spring cleaning.
We're also sharing some of our go-to recipes:
Erica's obsessed with these pens, and Kelsey's obsessed with her new do.
In neighborhood news, Kelsey tells about the time she found a surprise in the bushes, and Erica goes on a scavenger hunt at Kelsey's house. We also tell you about some neighbors we'd like to eat dip with.