This episode we're talking about how we keep up the creative energy when working on a long term project or blogs, while sipping on this fresh and tasty cocktail...
adapted from A Beautiful Mess
Into each glass:
- Add one shot of rum. *For a mocktail version, omit this step (sad face).
- Add half a shot of pineapple juice (you can always add more at the end if it's not sweet enough for your taste).
- Squeeze juice from 1/2 a lemon and 1/2 a lime.
- Add a slice or two of lemon and lime and several broken mint leaves.
- Muddle the mint leaves in the bottom of your glass with a spoon.
- Add ice and top off with club soda.
- Garnish with a few extra mint leaves. Stir with a spoon and enjoy! Repeat for additional servings.
Kelsey updates us on her progress with her e-course for working moms, Radiant Mamas, and Erica shares some new details about her book, Candid Classroom!
We share our tricks and tips for getting un-stuck, and we discuss what we're learning about getting started, sticking with it, and getting our work done! We talk about the creative rituals we stick to and tools we use while creating. Writing candles and crazy hot coffee are essentials. We also admit our favorite ways to procrastinate.
We're also talking hair products!
Kelsey's still looking for the perfect product, but currently uses...
Erica's totally loyal to Moroccan Oil products, and they've changed the life of her course, thick hair.
- Moroccanoil Moisture Repair Shampoo
- Moroccanoil Moisture Repair Conditioner
- Moroccanoil Treatment
- Moroccanoil Root Boost
- Moroccanoil Hydrating Styling Cream
We play What's in Your Junk Drawer? where we found these treasures...
Erica's obsessed with this DIY at home gel manicure
We finish up the episode with some Neighborhood News where Kelsey updates us on her happy hour with a new neighbor friend, and the status of the dead bushes. We have a chuckle over our neighborhood wifi network names, and Erica also tells the tale of a narrow escape from some neighborhood owls.
Thanks so much for listening! Don't forget to subscribe on iTunes, to get all the latest episodes. We'd so appreciate a review there too, if you love the show. Also, connect with us on twitter, for one big neighborly happy hour.