This episode we're talking all about the best of 2014, our goals/resolutions, and what we're looking forward to in 2015 while sipping on this cocktail...
Tipsy Spritzer (adapted from this recipe)
- 3 oz orange juice
- 1/2 oz maraschino cherry juice (or grenadine)
- 2 oz lemon/lime soda
- 1 1/2 oz vodka
- 1/4 oz fresh squeezed lemon juice
- garnish with cherry and rosemary
We talk about how we plan to keep the post-holiday blues away this year. Besides starting this podcast (woot woot) we're reflecting on all the other great things about 2014.
We also share our Best of 2014 lists!
- Best Book - All the Light We Cannot See, and Wild (check out our Girl Next Door Book Club episode on that one)
- Best Movie - Whiplash (Starring the guy from The Spectacular Now)
- Best TV - Sherlock (also talked about that during this episode of The Girl Next Door Book Club)
- Best Book - Unbroken, and The Goldfinch
- Best Movie - This Is Where I Leave You
- Best TV - The Leftovers
We give some progress updates on our 2014 goals, which we shared here in our very first episode. We're also talking about how we traditionally ring in the new year, what we're looking forward to in this year, and our goals/resolutions for 2015.
Kelsey is currently obsessed with evening bubble baths, and Erica is loving her new front door color (Peppercorn by Sherwin Williams).
In neighborhood news we have a tiny little creeper neighbor on our hands, and Erica discovered Whoville within walking distance. We also have some new neighbors and Kesley got real excited about an actual advertisement from the new neighborhood bakery!
**Remember we will be reading Amy Poehler's book, Yes Please, and discussing it on the Feb. 18th Girl Next Door Book Club Episode! The book is fantastic so far, and full of so much good stuff to talk about. Join us!**