This episode is all about parenting preschoolers, the magical age from 3-5ish. That calls for a cocktail...
(adapted from oh so delicioso)
- 2 oz Apricot La Croix
- 1.5 oz vodka
- 1 oz orange juice
- 1 oz apricot puree
- 1 dried apricot for garnish
- 10 dried apricots
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Combine all apricot puree ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Transfer to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Combine all ingredients over ice, top with LaCroix, and garnish with dried apricot.
We're talking about the differences we notice between toddler-hood and the preschool years, and the cute and challenging things about this age.
We're also becoming school moms for the first time and chat a bit about what we've looked for in a good preschool environment for our kiddos, how we can support both our child and their teachers, and tips for adjusting to the new school norm.
In current obsessions, Erica is obsessed with the new fall candle at Bath and Body Works, Berry Pumpkin Strudel and also eating pickled asparagus at an alarming rate. Kelsey loves her bicycle book ends.
In neighborhood news, autumn may have Kelsey even more aggressively friendly than usual, Grandpa Vic's old house is getting some major upgrades, and Kelsey has a few funny stories from watching Erica's girls.